Welcome to the Friends of Seva Mandir UK website
The Friends of Seva Mandir UK support Seva Mandir, a world-renowned NGO in India, which works to improve the lives of half a million of the world’s poorest people.
Seva Mandir makes a difference. Every year, through its work:
- Thousands of children receive the schooling that enables them to lift themselves out of grinding poverty
- Thousands of children are helped to avoid or recover from life-threatening malnutrition
- Thousands of women are empowered to take control of their own lives
- Thousands of rural families are helped to improve their land and their farming methods, thereby increasing their meagre incomes
- Thousands of poor households take responsibility for their own community
We hope you can share our vision and help us to improve the lives of people in Rajasthan.
‘Seva Mandir has established itself as one of the world’s most innovative and effective organizations in addressing the problems of resource management, livelihoods improvement, and village-level governance.’
Prof Raj M. Desai, Georgetown University and The Brookings Institution